Birth Doula Services
As your birth doula, my goal is to help you and your family achieve a meaningful, empowering and fulfilling birth experience. I will provide you with non-judgmental support and empower you to make well-informed decisions.
My birth doula services will include:
- Availability for email, text, and phone support to answer questions you may have throughout the time we work together.
- An initial prenatal visit during which we will use to become familiar with each other. We will discuss any pregnancy- related questions, concerns, fears and/or anxieties. We will also discuss your birth goals and preferences. We will also go over some different labor and birth scenarios and go over the of pros and cons of suggested procedures and medications.
- A second prenatal visit during which we will go over and practice different comfort techniques, and revisit some of the things from our first prenatal visit. We will also go over basic baby care and basic babywearing techniques, and I will answer any questions that you may have.
- During your labor, I will meet you at your home or birthing facility. I will remain by your side providing physical, emotional and informational support as needed.
- After the birth of your baby, I will remain with you until breastfeeding has been initiated and will leave once your family is settled and ready for some quiet time to bond and rest.
- A few days after your baby’s birth, I will return for a postpartum visit. During this visit, we can talk about your birth experience, your recovery, and make sure that you and your family are having a smooth transition into parenthood. I will provide resources, referrals and informational handouts as needed.
Postpartum Doula Services
I firmly believe that it really does take a village to raise a child, as New Yorkers, our time to spare is very limited. We all have demanding schedules and our families live all around the world. This can sometimes make it very difficult for new parents to receive the love and support they need and deserve during the postpartum period.
I recognize that bringing a baby home is a huge adjustment for everyone involved; the baby, the parents, and the siblings (human and/or furry!). Whether you are embarking on this journey for the first time or as an experienced parent, it is crucial to have an extra set of hands to offer knowledgeable emotional and physical support.
As your postpartum doula, I am professionally trained to support you as you discover your own parenting style/philosophies. Some of the ways I will support you can include:
- Support in breastfeeding or bottle feeding.
- Basic education on newborn care. Helping you become familiar with bathing, umbilical cord care, soothing and more.
- Providing non-judgmental emotional support and answering questions.
- Helping to care for your baby while you take some time nurture yourself and recover. Which may include a hot meal, a nap, and/or a bath/shower.
- Helping to care for older siblings.
- Helping you by preparing simple, nutritious meals and snacks.
- Running quick errands, doing food shopping, light housekeeping or doing a load of laundry.
Breastfeeding a newborn baby for the first time is a beautiful thing, but it can be overwhelming.
As a Certified Lactation Counselor, I am able to help you troubleshoot any breastfeeding issues that you may encounter along the way.
Some of the things I can assist with include:
- Latching problems.
- Sore nipples.
- Education on different breastfeeding positions.
- Helping you set up your breast pump.
- Pumping and preparing to return to work.
- Breastmilk storage.
- Helping you to maintain a comfortable and pain free breastfeeding relationship with your baby.
- Education on paced bottle feeding.