BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
As your birth doula, my goal is to help you and your family achieve a meaningful, empowering and fulfilling birth experience. I will provide you with non-judgmental support and empower you to make well-informed decisions.
My birth doula services will include:
- Availability for email, text, and phone support to answer questions you may have throughout the time we work together.
- An initial prenatal visit during which we will become familiar with each other. We will discuss any pregnancy-related questions, concerns, fears and/or anxieties. We will discuss your birth goals and preferences. We will also go over some different labor scenarios and go over the pros and cons of suggested procedures and medications.
- A second prenatal visit during which we will go over and practice different comfort techniques, and revisit some of the things from our first prenatal visit. We will also go over basic baby care and basic babywearing techniques, and I will answer any questions that you may have.
- During your labor, I will meet you at your home or birthing facility. I will remain by your side providing physical, emotional and informational support as needed.
- After the birth of your baby, I will remain with you until breastfeeding has been initiated and will leave once your family is settled and ready for some quiet time to bond and rest.
- A few days after your baby’s birth, I will return for a postpartum visit. During this visit, we can talk about your birth experience, your recovery, and make sure that you and your family are having a smooth transition into parenthood. I will provide resources, referrals and informational handouts as needed.