POSTPARTUM DOULA SERVICES
I firmly believe that it really does take a village to raise a child, as New Yorkers, our time to spare is very limited. We all have demanding schedules and our families live all around the world. This can sometimes make it very difficult for new parents to receive the love and support they need and deserve during the postpartum period.
I recognize that bringing a baby home is a huge adjustment for everyone involved; the baby, the parents, and the siblings (human and/or furry!). Whether you are embarking on this journey for the first time or as an experienced parent, it is crucial to have an extra set of hands to offer knowledgeable emotional and physical support.
As your postpartum doula, I am professionally trained to support you as you discover your own parenting style/philosophies. Some of the ways I will support you can include:
- Support in breastfeeding or bottle feeding.
- Basic education on newborn care. Helping you become familiar with bathing, umbilical cord care, soothing and more.
- Providing non-judgmental emotional support and answering questions.
- Helping to care for your baby while you take some time nurture yourself and recover. Which may include a hot meal, a nap, and/or a bath/shower.
- Helping to care for older siblings.
- Helping you by preparing simple, nutritious meals and snacks.
- Running quick errands, doing food shopping, light housekeeping or doing a load of laundry.